Cel-Fi QUATRA is a scalable in-building cellular system that is a cost-efficient and easy-to-deploy solution for delivering high quality signal in venues up to 200,000 sq. ft. It is a hybrid solution that combines the best of active DAS and Smart Booster technologies. It operates in off-air mode or can be integrated with carrier small cell equipment and operated in distributed small cell mode, creating a Supercell.
Cel-Fi QUATRA is self-configuring and self-optimizing, distributes RF over Ethernet (RFoE) and leverages Power-over-Ethernet (POE) for ease and accuracy of installation by IT personnel. The system is easy to monitor and manage with the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform.
Configurations are available for use on U.S., Canadian, and Latin American carrier networks.
- Improves cellular reception up to 50,000 sq. ft. per system; scalable to four systems for up to 200,000 sq. ft.
- Lowest cost per sq. ft.
- Carrier approved and unconditionally network safe for voice and data
- Self-configuring and self-optimizing
- AntennaBoost intelligent antenna aiming optimizes signal quality
- Remote monitoring and management with the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform
- Designed for off-air or small cell applications
- Best quality signal at 100 dB max gain in off-air mode
- Systems include Internal Antennas (MIMO) and External Antenna connections (MIMO)
- IntelliBoost 6 Core Processor delivers high speeds with low power consumption
- Advanced digital echo-cancellation and channel select filtering algorithms
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) maximizes system power
- Adaptive signal equalization
- Seamless integration with the macro network; improves network efficiency without causing interference
- Only one power outlet needed for the entire system (at the NU)
- External Multi-Band Panel MIMO Antenna and Small Cell Interface device available (Optional)
Off-Air configurations use capacity from the operator’s existing macro network, extending it indoors where it is needed. This deployment uses the NU’s internal antennas, and is useful in rural areas where the NU can be located to access a good donor signal. For more densely populated urban areas where network interference is often an issue, the NU may be connected to a high gain indoor directional antenna for improvement
Distributed Small Cell Configuration
In the Distributed Small Cell Configuration, a small cell is used as the donor signal for the Cel-Fi QUATRA. This method facilitates a more uniform signal distribution throughout a larger area. Additional Cel-Fi QUATRA systems may be used to expand coverage up to 200,000 Sq. Ft. per (typical) small cell.
Cel-Fi WAVE Portal
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform enables device management and maintenance of Cel-Fi QUATRA systems. The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform mobile app facilitates ease of use on site. Alerts and alarms can be used as configured out of the box or they can be customized however the owner or admin chooses.
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform is a cloud-based remote management platform that allows users/operators to manage multiple Cel-Fi QUATRA systems. Features of the platform include:
- Cel-Fi device and asset management
- Data modeling and reporting
- Mobile and computer applications
- Globally trusted carrier-grade security
- Users can access the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform portal through the dashboard interface, or integrate it via APIs
Cel-Fi QUATRA Network Unit (NU)
The Cel-Fi QUATRA Network Unit (NU) is the hub of the system. The scalable design works with one to four
Coverage Units to provide up to 50,000 sq ft. of coverage.
- Provides Donor Signal to Cel-Fi QUATRA System
- Provides Power to Coverage Units (Up to Four)
- Connects to WAVE Cloud Platform for Remote Monitoring and Management
Cel-Fi QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU) is the remote radio head of the system that rebroadcasts the donor signal. The cost efficient and easy-to-deploy system leverages Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) for up to four CUs.
- Provides coverage in the Cel-Fi QUATRA system (up to four per Network Unit)
- Power delivered by Power-Over-Ethernet from the Network Unit
- Self-configuring and self-optimizing
Cel-Fi QUATRA Small Cell Interface
The Cel-Fi QUATRA Small Cell Interface (SCIF) simplifies RF connections between a small cell and NUs. It includes a main unit and all cables for a single NU.
- Simplifies connections to a small cell
- Provides proper signal attenuation and isolation
- Required for small cell Installation
Cel-Fi MIMO Panel Antenna powered by AntennaBoost
The Cel-Fi MIMO Panel Antenna is the only authorized indoor/outdoor antenna for Cel-Fi QUATRA.
Cel-Fi AntennaBoost integrates the Cel-Fi MIMO Panel Antenna with the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform to provide the best donor signal in the industry. The antenna connects to any MIMO-enabled NU or CU with QMA (quick connect) cables. Nextivity’s proprietary 8-position dial base enables the antenna to be rotated in 45-degree increments for best performance, managed with real-time data from the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform Antenna Position Test.
- High gain directional MIMO panel antenna
- Donor managed with AntennaBoost’s 8-position aiming mount
- Includes options for ceiling, wall, and pole mounting
- Required for off-air installation of multiple CUs
Cel-Fi QUATRA Range Extender (QRE)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Range Extender is a Power over Ethernet (PoE) device that extends the maximum distance between the NU and the CU.
- Allows NU-to-CU cable lengths of up to 200 meters (650 ft.)
- Power over Ethernet (no separate power supply or PoE injector needed