What Kind of Cell Phone Booster Do I Need?
There’s little that is more aggravating than owning a cell phone that has a weak signal inside or directly outside of your home. How often have you ran from corner to corner – up to the second floor of your home or business – desperately trying to find a stronger signal so that you can have better call clarity or data speeds? While some may simply accept this as a fact of life where they reside or work and resort to a landline, there are other options.
A cell phone booster can improve signal quality and reliability for most structures, helping you to get the most out of your cell phone service.
What is a Cell Phone Booster?
A cell phone booster is a device that can be installed in homes, office and even vehicles to help provide you with a better signal. They’ll work on all tablets and cellular devices to boost existing 3G or 4G signals up to 32x. The following are some of the benefits of using cell phone boosters:
- Get rid of dropped calls – Dropping calls is more than just an annoyance – it can be a serious issues that can lead to all kinds of misunderstandings. The last thing you want is for your boss to think you hung up on them, after all!
- Get a more reliable connection – A stronger connection results in crystal clear voices on both sides of the line, making it much easier to have a conversation. There’s nothing worse than two people asking each other “what?” over and over on the phone.
- Send and receive texts faster – You should be able to send texts almost instantly – waiting for your one word text to send for any longer than a few seconds can be trying to say the least.
- Increase upload and download speeds – Whether you’re uploading something to your phone or downloading it, a cell phone booster will make the process go much faster.
- Reduce dead zones – Dead zones can be problematic. They cause your calls to drop in and out. They require you to move to different parts of your home before you can answer a call – or to avoid certain spots in your house if you’re pacing around while on the phone.
Types of Cell Phone Boosters
Cell phone boosters typically come with three devices – the outside antenna (which pulls in the signal), the amplifier (which boosts the signal) and the interior antenna (which rebroadcasts the signal inside of your building). When it comes to outside antennas, there are two main types: Omni-directional and yagi boosters.
- Omni-directional booster – Omni-directional antennas are better suited if your signal is weak outdoors. They will pull in a signal from 360 degrees from multiple carriers with different cell towers and are relatively easy to install.
- Yagi booster – Yagi antennas don’t cover as much of an area as Omni-directional boosters. They can only pull signals in from 45 to 90 degrees – however, they can reach much farther than omni-directional antennas, making them more powerful. Because of this, they are better suited if you have a weak signal indoors.
Request a Quote for a Cell Phone Signal Booster
Want to learn more about our cell phone signal boosters for your office or building? Contact us today. Our wireless technicians can help you find the best solution for your signal strength needs throughout your entire property. Fill out the contact form to the right or contact us for a quote.
If you are located throughout the Mid-Atlantic, we are able to provide the solution for your weak indoor cell phone signal. We service:
- Maryland (MD)
- New Jersey (NJ)
- Pennsylvania (PA)
- Virginia (VA)
- Washington, DC
We can help find the best solution for your company’s needs when it comes to wireless, mobile, and other device technologies.REQUEST A PROPOSAL